[syslinux] isolinux not booting - old 486 with SCSI CD writer

Bruce Robson syslinux at mailinator.com
Sat Feb 16 04:05:17 PST 2008

> I've attached a diff of my changes. The first two changed
> lines fix a comment and the 13 v 13h bug I raised in another
> thread. The remaining changes fix my initial problem of
> isolinux not finding my CD drive.

Peter,

Will you be changing your future isolinux releases so that it
works on my hardware?

i.e. if when scanning drives numbers you find one that returns a
spec packet which doesn't have the sp_drive field set, accept the
drive number if it matches the drive initially passed in dl OR 80h.

Bruce

p.s. I see from http://git.kernel.org/?p=boot/syslinux/syslinux.git;a=shortlog
that you've done the 13 to 13h change.