[syslinux] keeppxe and using a linux vmlinuz/initrd

Andreas Kotes count-linux at flatline.de
Thu Feb 21 13:52:46 PST 2008

Hello,

* Maestas, Christopher Daniel <cdmaest at sandia.gov> [20080221 22:45]:
> Excellent!
>
> This is exactly what we're looking for.
> Now we can have the initramfs(busybox) read /proc/cmdline and set the ip that way.

argh. it's already set at that moment!!!

please do read the manuals.

and if you're using busybox anyway, use the udhcpcd included - it does
all the necessary stuff, like caring about leases. really.

hpa - could you extend the FAQ entry a bit in that regard?

   Andreas

--
flatline IT services - Andreas Kotes - Tailored solutions for your IT needs