[syslinux] No localboot on HP Proliant with Smart Array and menu.c32

Ulrich Wiedemann ulrich.wiedemann at baramundi.de
Fri Feb 29 05:58:53 PST 2008

Hi,

as I got my hands on a DL360 G3 for testing today, I may provide some
further information on this.

The relevant change seems to be
http://git.kernel.org/?p=boot/syslinux/syslinux.git;a=commit;h=507719c32bfe1b5db5f18ff9bde0cee91b2e83f9.

With the attached diff, which apparently reverts the above change, I was
able to build a pxelinux.0 based on v3.61, which works also on my test
machine. A self compiled stock v3.61 hangs when it is supposed to
localboot from menu.c32. I experience the very same behavior also with
my own com32 module.

Looks like HP stores some information in memory, which gets overwritten
by pxelinux/the com32 module?

I'd be very happy to do further tests to support fixing this issue for
an upcoming syslinux release.

Regards, Ulrich