[syslinux] isolinux regression? / problem? v3.50 and newer.

Andrew Stuart andrew at shopcusa.com
Wed Jan 16 22:42:32 PST 2008

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Andrew Stuart wrote:
>
>> Hopefully me limiting it down to between 3.50-pre23 and 3.50-release
>> helps, otherwise I just wasted a good part of the day for nothing :)
>> (I doubt my boss would be pleased..)
>>

> Looking at the archive binaries I can see what happened.
>
> The only change from 3.50-pre23 to 3.50 was a Makefile change.  That
> Makefile change apparently broke filling in the default values of the
> isolinux boot info table, which are only used if mkisofs doesn't fill in
> those values (with -boot-info-table).
>
> So *thank you* for narrowing it down so closely, it made it very easy to
> track this problem down.  I will produce a fix and put it into 3.61-pre2.
>
> 	-hpa

Thank you for your efforts, and the quick fix.

As a side thought.. since I too diffed the two trees and came to the
same conclusion after you said there was no source changes (looking to
see if the packages had been tampered with somehow?). I noticed most of
the change in the Makefile seemed to do with nasm. Any chance that will
help / correct the problem with nasm 0.99.06 that was someone noticed
back in November?

-A