[syslinux] PXE Linux and EFI....or Intel MACs

Andrew Stuart andrew at shopcusa.com
Mon Jan 21 15:48:27 PST 2008

-----Original Message-----

Jacob Alifrangis wrote:
> That doesn't seem to be the case with the intel Macs,
>
> I believe that the Intel MACs boot code needs to receive a BSDP Packet
> (Boot Service Discovery Protocol). I think that With some trying I can
> get this to work, I'll keep you updated (It's going to involve some
> crafy .net programming though)

Please post at the bottom, it makes reading the digest, etc easier.

To make sure I was clear, it seemed to be an issue with at least the
earlier firmware on the intel line. I did just test it with a recent mbp
and it worked fine.
Have you got your macs netbooting? If you haven't got that far, I can
try to dig up some of the information I found / used to be able to
netboot NetRestore.. but that bypasses syslinux.

-A