[syslinux] PXE Linux and EFI....or Intel MACs

Andrew Stuart andrew at shopcusa.com
Mon Jan 21 17:47:30 PST 2008

Jacob Alifrangis wrote:
> The problem is that Netrestore and Netboot for that matter need to be
> running on a MAC or OSX Server for that matter. I'm not going to buy a
> mac server OS (Don't want to manage it) and I'm not going to buy a mini
> for the sake of doing netrestore.
>
> Netrestore is free and open source, so maybe I can pick out the good
> bits and hack something up to get pxelinux working.

http://www.afp548.com/article.php?story=20061220102102611. There is also
more information on Jeff McCune's site. If I recall there was an error
in the process that I had to fix. I will try and look when I get home
tonight.

Since I am guessing you are trying to do this with WDS by your other
message / .net comment, I believe the parts you need to worry about
trying to 'port' over, is the Vendor classes (example of
/etc/dhcpd.conf) and then just setup your tftp tree (TFTP Server
Configuration)..

Hopefully BCM can be added to this mix somehow if that is the way you
want/need to go.

-A