[syslinux] PXELINUX and WDS (The Proper WAY)

Jacob Alifrangis jalifrangis at authenticlick.net
Wed Jan 23 11:26:16 PST 2008

Looking at the faq, The way you do it, and the way I do it are
completely opposite, which should we use?

Are there implications to using it your way?

1. Needs a password to get into syslinux (need to have an ADS Login
Name/Password. Need to be an admin)
2. Two Stage Boot, and RIS tends to lock up sometimes.
3. Incompatible with Vista's WDS (Only works with RIS)

My way starts pxelinux first, avoiding those issues.

I'm not saying it's better, but It is a little more polished.