[syslinux] tftpd: read: Connection refused

Andreas Moroder andreas.moroder at sb-brixen.it
Tue Jul 8 03:53:14 PDT 2008

Hello,

we have two diskless machines in a routed network.
Both get their IP adresse and tftp configuration via dhcp.

When we start one machine all works well, when the second machine tries
to download the kernel via tftp we get this error:

Jul  8 09:49:52 voyager2 in.tftpd[8374]: RRQ from 10.63.5.122 filename
/andreas/pxelinux.0
Jul  8 09:49:53 voyager2 in.tftpd[8374]: tftpd: read: Connection refused

The entries in dhcpd.conf are the same ( except for the MAC )
They are both in the same network and both try to download the same kernel.
The file /tftpboot/andreas/pxelinux.0 exists

in.tftp is called from inetd.conf with this parameters

tftp          dgram   udp     wait    root      /usr/sbin/tcpd  in.tftpd
-v -v -v -p -s /tftpboot

Can anyone please help me ?

Thanks
Andreas