[syslinux] .config in menu.c32

Ferenc Wagner wferi at niif.hu
Tue Jul 8 14:50:06 PDT 2008

"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor.com> writes:

> Ferenc Wagner wrote:
>
>> Playing with menu.c32 I noticed that with config
>>
>> extlinux.conf:
>>     default menu.c32
>>     label other
>>       config other.conf
>>
>> other.conf:
>>     label default
>>       config extlinux.conf
>>
>> pressing TAB on the menu item "other" prints
>>
>>> .config other.conf
>>
>> Is this .config thing internal to menu.c32?  Is it supported at all?
>
> It's internal to [vesa]menu.c32, and yes, it's supported.  The same
> happens if you use one of the other keywords in the configuration file,
> like "linux", or "localboot".

Wonderful.  Looks like it's undocumented, though.  NOESCAPE and
ALLOWOPTIONS aren't much better either...  Later.

>> Selecting it freezes under QEMU.  I know I could load another menu by
>
> OK, that really shouldn't happen!

Well, current git doesn't even show the second label in the following
extlinux.conf:

    default menu.c32
    label l1
    label l2

I feel like doing something stupid...  Have you got an idea?
--
Thanks,
Feri.