[syslinux] [BUG] boot failure since syslinux-3.00

Sean Young sean at mess.org
Mon Jul 14 12:38:02 PDT 2008

Hi,

This AMD Elan board seems to be very problematic:

http://www.embeddedarm.com/products/board-detail.php?product=TS-5500

I'm having various issues with booting recent Linux kernels with syslinux.
syslinux-2.13 was the last version that worked and since syslinux-3.00
it doesn't work.

When it doesn't work all I get is "Boot failed" from the bootsector. Since
the obvious change since 3.* is the eddcheck and commenting that piece
out does make 3.* work (3.02 and 3.70).

It can be similated in bochs using the bios which is available here:

ftp://ftp.embeddedarm.com/ts-x86-sbc/old-downloads/binaries/5500BIOS.ZIP

How should I proceed?

Thanks
Sean