[syslinux] A project for someone...

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu Jul 17 11:18:00 PDT 2008

There has been a lot of talk about dynamically generated content.  I
have looked some of what it would entail to do in tftp-hpa, and it's
pretty ugly.

However, it came to my attention that the current development version of
Apache, 2.3, has support for alternate protocol backends and for non-TCP
transports.  There is already an experimental mod_dns(!) using UDP.

It would be a very interesting thing if someone would write mod_tftp for
Apache.  It would in many ways be the ideal sophisticated TFTP server.