[syslinux] Three questions/feature requests

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu Jul 17 11:37:15 PDT 2008

Sebastian Herbszt wrote:
> H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>
>>> I often did try 'TAB' 'TAB', as "label completion", to find out which
>>> labels are present.
>>>
>>> In other words: It is desirable for me.
>>>
>>> But what would be the price in size increase?
>>>
>> I'm more concerned if there are anyone who would consider it a hazard
>> for security or other reasons.  I actually don't believe the size
>> increase would be all that much.
>
> The solution might be to add a "showlabels" config keyword which defaults
> to 0 and therefore retains the current behaviour. People wanting the new
> feature should enable it in the config file (just like with prompt).

Well, yes, but I'd rather find out if there is anyone who has a claim
for this.

However, I don't think this feature is going to make the boat for 3.71.
  At this point I'll consider a fix for the PCI mess (as being a bug
fix), other than that I want to consider 3.71 frozen to new features
except perhaps if they're completely standalone (like the ifcpu64 module.)