[syslinux] max of MENU ROWS?

lurker lurker at lavabit.com
Sun Jul 20 17:23:17 PDT 2008

On 21/07/08 01:04, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>> lurker wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've seem to hit the roof of "MENU ROWS". I've got 15 entries in the
>>> menu, and thus I've set "MENU ROWS 15" in my cfg. But that makes the
>>> TABMSG  get partly written over the last entry. Also, the AUTOBOOT
>>> message gets written over the bottom border of the menu.
>>>
>>> I get these results with boot versions 3.62 and 3.70 of syslinux.
>>>
>>> Is this a bug, or is it possible to configure the TABMSG and AUTOBOOT
>>> message to appear lower down?
>>>
>> Yes, you have to use "menu tabmsg <row>" and "menu autoboot <row>".
>>

> "menu tabmsgrow <row>" and "menu timeoutrow <row>", rather.

Woah, I can't believe I didn't see those when I looked around in the
menu documention. Thanks!

Perhaps you should consider mentioning these in the entries for MENU
TABMSG and MENU AUTOBOOT respectively (and MENU HELPMSGROW around MENU
HELPMSG and so on) in the menu documentation to make things clearer?

Cheers!