[syslinux] SYSLINUX Anatomy

Erwan Velu erwan at seanodes.com
Mon Jul 21 02:49:09 PDT 2008

Stefan Bucur wrote:
> [...]
> I encourage anyone to read/review those pages, signal any errors, and
> - why not - write new interesting stuff about SYSLINUX. This way more
> people will have an easier access to the underlyings of SYSLINUX and
> could become potential developers.

Hey Stefan,

Really nice work. Just a note, it could be nice to use a different scale
on your memory map.
You currently use a linear scale which makes interesting parts (syslinux
entry point / Boot sector / sector1) very small and hard to read.

Could it be possible to use different sizes to insure a proper reading ?

For example, in
http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php/Memory_Map_(Segment_0), it
could be nice to give each element of that stack the same visual space.
That way, everything is readable, and to know their "real" size would be
reading the addresses on the left. Could be nice also to put the size of
each element on the left side of the stack.

Cheers,
Erwan,