[syslinux] OFF TOPIC: Chainloading CD-ROM boot after ISOLINUX + MEMDISK.

Harald_Jensas at Dell.com Harald_Jensas at Dell.com
Sat Jul 26 10:34:25 PDT 2008

On Behalf
> Of H. Peter Anvin
> Sent: 26 July 2008 13:54
> To: For discussion of SYSLINUX and tftp-hpa
> Subject: Re: [syslinux] OFF TOPIC: Chainloading CD-ROM boot after
ISOLINUX +
> MEMDISK.
>
> Harald_Jensas at Dell.com wrote:
> > Correct.
> > This will not be the same media that contain ISOLUNUX.
>
> Any reason it couldn't be?

Technically it could be. But...

The goal is to be able to create very small iso image files that could
be sent by e-mail. If I was to add the Windows installation files on the
media it would be both too big and licensing issues...

I had a look at the chain.c32 in the syslinux-3.71-pre16. I will do some
tests with it. Of course this would require some Windows files on the
ISOLINUX media. If it works I will have to create a script that will
collect the files from a the Windows Installation media, create disk
images etc. to avoid licensing issues. But that is acceptable.

--
Harald