[syslinux] Hello~~~HELP

Seung Kim seung.kim at gallaudet.edu
Mon Jun 2 05:47:17 PDT 2008

How do  you do?
I am a deaf and I am working at Gallaudet University as IT technician. For
troubleshooting computer problem, I fixed over 4000 computers with different
CDs such as Windows XP SP2, Dell 32bit Diagnostic Tools, Windows Memory
Tester, Acronis True Image, ERD 2005, and others. Everyday, I brought many
different CDs to different building for services. Really, I wanted to
develop Syslinux with different software CDs to make an integrated CD. Then
it is very easy for me to bring only a CD or DVD anywhere.

I have successfully added Acronis True Image to UBCD as an option and tested
it. It worked great. However, when I tried to add Dell 32-bit diagnostics,
windows memory tester, Windows XP with SP2 (using campuswide license).
However, I wanted to develop Syslinux with our licensed software. So, I read
the Syslinux document from http://syslinux.zytor.com/menu.php web site. But
I didn't understand what I should start for Syslinux. Just I installed
Knoppix 5.3 on my desktop computer. But I needed the guide book step-by-step
or documents with screenshots about Syslinux how to build everything from
scratch and what softwares are needed to make this possible.

Do I have to do it all from within Linux environment? Can it be done in
Windows to build a bootable customized UBCD?
I know you are very busy in your business. I hope you help me how to build
Syslinux with different softwares in spite of your business. I found that
Acronis True Image is developed with your isolinux. Wow~~ How?????
Any assistance or direction you can provide would be greatly appreciated.