[syslinux] DBAN and vesamenu.c32

Henry Kemp henry.kemp at future-route.com
Thu Jun 5 11:15:38 PDT 2008

Peter - thanks for getting back to me so promptly - we're running
syslinux 3.11-4.

 # rpm -qi syslinux-3.11-4
 Name        : syslinux                     Relocations: (not relocatable)
 Version     : 3.11                              Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
 Release     : 4                             Build Date: Tue 22 Aug 2006
03:29:18 PM BST
 Install Date: Thu 01 Feb 2007 03:31:28 PM GMT      Build Host:
hs20-bc1-6.build.redhat.com
 Group       : Applications/System           Source RPM:
syslinux-3.11-4.src.rpm
 Size        : 1324399                          License: GPL
 Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Wed 04 Oct 2006 04:28:13 PM BST, Key ID
b44269d04f2a6fd2
 Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
 Summary     : Simple kernel loader which boots from a FAT filesystem
 Description :
 SYSLINUX is a suite of bootloaders, currently supporting DOS FAT
 filesystems, Linux ext2/ext3 filesystems (EXTLINUX), PXE network boots
 (PXELINUX), or ISO 9660 CD-ROMs (ISOLINUX).  It also includes a tool,
MEMDISK, which loads legacy operating systems from these media.

>From what I can see DBAN is using version 2.4.33 of the Linux kernel.
The virtual machine I'm running has  500MB RAM so that shouldn't be an
issue. And it looks like a graphical cursor - I'll send a print screen
of it to you off list if thats ok!

Rgds,

Henry