[syslinux] directing output of tftpd to stdout, instead of syslog()

Marty Leisner leisner at rochester.rr.com
Sat Jun 7 11:43:09 PDT 2008

I'm doing some work with hpda-tftpd--0.48.

All output is to syslog -- this is inconvenient when running  interctivitly.

tftpd has a no daemonize flag -- this is not used either started it normally or from the sample inetd...

I'm thinking of doing:

  my_syslog(int priority, const char *format, ...)
  {
          va_list ap;

          va_start(ap, format);

          if(use_tty == TRUE)
                  vfprintf(stderr, format, ap);
          else    vsyslog(priority, format, ap);

          va_end(ap);
  }
and building with -Dsyslog=my_syslog

I like the fact when the startup options are incorrect, they're logged...so I need "use_tty" set up before anything
else.

marty