[syslinux] 3.70 without "finished" gpxelinux.0?

Andrew Stuart andrew at shopcusa.com
Mon Jun 9 16:23:01 PDT 2008

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm thinking about wrapping up a 3.70 release, even though gpxelinux.0
> is technically not feature-complete.  I'd like people's opinion on it.
>
> 	-hpa

I haven't kept up on the devel releases, would 3.70 include both
pxelinux and gpxelinux? If so I see no reason to not release it. Just
throw up an warning on gpxelinux to let people know what is broken.

Potentially this will be beneficial, as it will get more eyes on it and
hopefully help solve any bugs faster. It could also allow for changes
should someone come up with feature X which is a large change to
something not fully implemented?

I do know that gpxelinux is broken in regards to loading other pxe
stacks, does the same apply to it being loaded by pxelinux? It would be
nice to start trying it out, and converting some of my images that do
not have the pxe stack requirement (without changing my dhcp config).

-Andrew