[syslinux] memdisk question

Anthony Hare ahare at Brocade.COM
Wed Jun 11 11:56:52 PDT 2008

Op 10-06-2008 om 16:36 schreef H. Peter Anvin:
> Anthony Hare wrote:
> > That did not work, here is the img file.
> >
> > -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1681408 2008-06-09 07:58 multicast.img
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >

> That is 1642K.  This is pretty much an impossible size for a floppy
> disk; there is no valid geometry which can produce that number of
sectors.

> Is the image truncated, maybe?
>
> 	-hpa

I get the image is truncated message from memdisk on boot and then it
says loading boot sector... booting... Invalid system disk.

I am using winimage, building a new image as a 2.88mb floppy.. Adding
the files and changing the boot sector to win 95/98 (I used this link
http://www.911cd.net/forums//lofiversion/index.php?t10853.html to get my
original unicast ghost image to work).

Not really sure if I am going about it in the right way so any tips are
greatly appreciated..

Is there an easier way to build an image that will work with memdisk?