[syslinux] memdisk question

jm black jmblack256 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 12:35:52 PDT 2008

>> > That did not work, here is the img file.
>> >
>> > -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1681408 2008-06-09 07:58 multicast.img
>> >
>> > Any ideas?
>> >

>> That is 1642K.  This is pretty much an impossible size for a floppy
>> disk; there is no valid geometry which can produce that number of
> sectors.
>>
>> Is the image truncated, maybe?
>>
>>       -hpa

sounds to me like the floppy image is compressed, maybe its supposed
to be an imz. I don't think memdisk cares about the extension though.
As a troubleshooting step, re-open the image in winimage and save it
as an uncompressed floppy image. For the record Ive used winimage to
compress floppy images and used the result with memdisk many times,
but you need to confirm that the compression isnt causing issues for
you.