[syslinux] memdisk question

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed Jun 11 13:19:06 PDT 2008

Anthony Hare wrote:

> I am using winimage, building a new image as a 2.88mb floppy.. Adding
> the files and changing the boot sector to win 95/98 (I used this link
> http://www.911cd.net/forums//lofiversion/index.php?t10853.html to get my
> original unicast ghost image to work).

Ah.  Memdisk doesn't like an image that is shorter than the medium it's
supposed to represent.  You want to pad it out with zeroes (or anything
else for that matter) to 2,949,120 bytes.

> Not really sure if I am going about it in the right way so any tips are
> greatly appreciated..
>
> Is there an easier way to build an image that will work with memdisk?

I'm not all that familiar with Windows-based tools, being a Linux person
myself.  I know a lot of people on the mailing list use Winimage,
perhaps someone else can help out?