[syslinux] memdisk question

Collins, Jeremy Collins_Jeremy at sccollege.edu
Wed Jun 11 14:25:09 PDT 2008

I'm using the Virtual Floppy Drive for Windows
(http://chitchat.at.infoseek.co.jp/vmware/vfd.html) which is open
source. It creates a floppy drive you can mount images to, drag and
drop, and otherwise treat like a real disk. I downloaded a 2.88 floppy
image at some point in the past and have been erasing the contents and
making different disks from that file using this tool.

I believe you can also create images with Build Floppy Image
(http://www.nu2.nu/bfi/), but I haven't tried that method and can't
vouch they work with syslinux.