[syslinux] BCM575X 8.1 doesn't do 'PXE-M0F'

Jan Wenzel jan.wenzel at GONICUS.de
Fri Jun 13 00:02:34 PDT 2008

Hi there,

I'm using pxelinux.0 to boot another pxe boot image that checks if a
host needs to be installed by doing a network query. If this is not the
case, this image would return and boot from the next device.

But on this Broadcom card, the Message 'PXE-M0F' does not appear, so the
pxe image does not return. With the latest stable the PC would recognize
the keystroke 'CTRL+ALT+DELETE' at this state, with the latest trunk
from git it just hangs and needs a reset.

Have you any hints on how to debug/solve that problem?

Booting that installer image with gPXE doesn't work at all.

If I hit Escape before the installer loads but within the PXE Sequence,
it works.

Hard copy from PXE Sequence:
===
BootManage UNDI, PXE-2.1 (build 084)
BootManage PXE-2.1 PROM 1.1, BCM575X 8.1.8-1, SDK 3.0/084 (OEM73)
===

Greetings
Jan