[syslinux] chainboot Windows on second drive

Aeron Draxar forum at draxar.com
Mon Jun 16 11:10:19 PDT 2008

> forum at draxar.com wrote:
> >
> > I will test it has soon as I can. For now, I've tried to replace extlinux with
> > the 3.70-pre17 version but I've lost my partition table. I still don't know if
> > 3.70-pre17 screwed up the partition table or if I did it unfortunatly, or if
> > the partition table died by it self (disk error). I'm investigating this for
> > now. Then, I go back to test the swap option.
> >   Don't worry about my partitions, Acronis Disk Director (free when packaged as
> > Seagate Tools ;)) can restore them.
> >   Thanks a lot for having take the time to enable disk swapping! I feel like
> > this option will make syslinux boot everything that is bootable :)
> >

> FWIW, another user confirmed yesterday that it worked.
>
> 	-hpa

I still need some help to install 3.70-pre17. I tried to install from
Ubuntu and I had the same issue than with Fedora: I've lost all my
partitions. I may have done something wrong.
I untar the archive, make, make extbootinstaller, then cat
core/extlinux.bss > /dev/sda. Reboot and crak, no more partitions.
How do install extlinux from this pre17 archive?

Draxar