[syslinux] No sub-menus in complex.c32

Andrew Stuart andrew at shopcusa.com
Thu Jun 19 17:06:49 PDT 2008

>> Can you try v3.11? I have a menu system based off of menu/simple.c that
>> is working fine, other then some submenus get displayed in funky
>> locations. I have avoided upgrading as some significant updates were
>> made to the code, which I believe requires the use of Python / Templates
>> to generate the menus [pre-compile]. (I don't know if this is true, I
>> honestly haven't looked yet. It's on my todo list, but fairly low)
>
> v3.11 works.  I'll track down the version where it breaks and see if I
> can figure out what changed.
>
> Mike

Good to hear, Anything you can find would be appreciated. I will see if
I can find some time and I will try my menu on 3.2 as well and see if I
can help track it down as well.

IIRC the menu/*.c system is currently unmaintained due to time
constraints of the developer. I believe he has been looking for a new
maintainer, but I don't recall seeing the position being filled.

If you/we can track it to a specific change, I suspect he may be able to
offer some insight, as he still seems to keep current on the list.

(I may be wrong on the status.. I still haven't figured out how to cram
more memory into my skull.)

-A