[syslinux] com32: \n to \r\n?

Ferenc Wagner wferi at niif.hu
Tue Jun 24 07:24:52 PDT 2008

Hi,

I wonder if CRLF conversion should be done in the com32 library.
com32/modules is full of standard C printf("...\n") statements, which
display OK on VGA but produce staircase effect over a serial
connection.  The core terminates each line with CRLF, which comes out
OK in both cases.  I patched mboot.c to make its output readable, and
could do so with the other modules as well, but is that really the
right direction?  I hope the concept of binary/ASCII open modes will
not be introduced in Syslinux...
--
Thanks,
Feri.