[syslinux] SYSLINUX GRUB and booting logical partitions on USB drive

greenfinch greenfinch at web.de
Mon Jun 30 13:51:30 PDT 2008

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> greenfinch wrote:
>
>> Which primary loader, instead of GRUB, is able to chainload SYSLINUX
>> from logical partitions on USB drives?
>>

> Well, Syslinux itself (chain.c32), for one.
>
> 	-hpa

I did not know about using SYSLINUX as primary loader. This is interesting.
I tried a little bit and installed the MBR provided with the SYSLINUX
download file
in the MRB of my USB stick (is this correct?).

However I don't know
- how to call chain.c32.
- where to put the 'config files' for this MBR (similar to GRUB
/boot/grub folder)
- where does this MBR search for this files

Can you help me or do you know, where to find all the necessary
information about this issue?

greenfinch