[syslinux] Solaris / OpenSolaris

Tom Mahoney (syslinux-emails) coniptor at hushmail.com
Wed May 7 08:14:40 PDT 2008

Solaris 10 and I imagine OpenSolaris can't get the network values
booting under mboot.c32 currently which is what you would use I believe.
I have two entries one which works for me which is the pxegrub renamed
to pxegrub.0 (It did not work until I renamed it to have a .0 at the end)

label Solaris_10_pxegrub
   menu label Solaris 10 pxegrub
   kernel /boot/grub/pxegrub.0

label Solaris_10
   menu label Solaris 10
   kernel mboot.c32
   append /boot/solaris/multiboot kernel/unix -v -m verbose install
nfs://192.168.79.1:/jumpstart/sol10/configs -B
install_media=192.168.79.1:/jumpstart/sol10 --
- /boot/solaris/x86.miniroot

The second entry above is 4 lines so the append line is likely broken
but should be one line it self. This entry also only boots part way.
These are part of my jumpstart setup.

-Tom Mahoney