[syslinux] win98 on a second hard drive

Gilles Espinasse g.esp at free.fr
Wed May 14 11:36:32 PDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "charlene yuen" <cyuen001 at yahoo.ca>
To: <syslinux at zytor.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 04, 2008 7:04 AM
Subject: [syslinux] win98 on a second hard drive

> Is it possible to configure syslinux.cfg on a floppy to start Win98 on a
secondary hard drive? If so, how is this done?

>   Currently I have Linux and Win98 on the primary hard drive, and when I
attempt to use the floppy to start Win98 on the second hard drive, I simply
start Win98 on the first drive. I have tried many different approaches, all
to no avail, and I would really appreciate some help.

You could at least hide the first disk in bios, even in old bios.
You have to configure bios so first disk is not recognised.

You may on certain bios swap the disk order (pretend the second disk is the
first) to make windows happy.

Gilles