[syslinux] Default PXE boot timeout

a s p a s i a aspasia.sf at gmail.com
Thu May 15 09:43:48 PDT 2008

Thanks to HPA for pointing to the documentation .. we'll be
testing/validating and implementing .. so much more simpler ... doh, I
did not see that earlier ...

>> - /etc/dhcpd.conf will be updated to include the filename "pxelinux.0"
>> parameter and it will find its configuration file based on HW MAC
>
> That sounds like good functionality -- can you share the script, please?

would lover to however, I think I oversimplified my explanation, it is
not a single simple script ... it's many parts (some of which I don't
own, the solution basically is between our team - a database
programmer maintains the interactive web interface and pulls info into
the database and python programmer that builds the script ... so it's
not just one script I can forward .. :(  ... sorry ...  (we're
anticipating to deploy this in an engineering and qa lab for purposes
of testing the various supported OS platforms - functionality not
performance) of a SW we are developing ...

brief summary of the flow:

1.  engineer interfaces via web - and selects:
a.  number of machines to checkout
b.  OS platform

2.  upon click2select, the web interface pulls info from mysql database ....

3.  calls a script based on selection - script does the updating of
the /pxelinux.cfg/<hw_addr_default> file so that it points/boots to
the right NFS-root and/or this time we will incorporate local boot

hope that helps, it's not as simple as I earlier described .. sorry.

- a.