[syslinux] pxelinux tftp timeout

David Halik dhalik at jla.rutgers.edu
Wed May 21 14:54:06 PDT 2008

Hi, I was looking through the archives and wiki for something related to
this, but all I keep coming up with are options for the prompt timeout
and user input.

Is there a way to change the default timeout for tftp in pxelinux? The
be more specific, we use IP in HEX to network boot and it takes a very
long time for pxelinux to timeout on GUID and MAC, before finally
getting to HEX and booting. Optionally, is there a way to set the HEX as
the first choice? I'm assuming all of this is hard coded, but I know
there is a possibility of configuring it in pxelinux.cfg, I just haven't
seen any options specific to it yet. Everything seems to refer to the
syslinux prompt.

Thanks in advance.
-Dave

--