[syslinux] pxelinux tftp timeout

David Halik dhalik at jla.rutgers.edu
Fri May 23 08:55:16 PDT 2008

I'm using 3.31 at the moment, but only because it doesn't have the GUID
check in it, so one less file I have to wait for. The latest version on
your website still gave me the same issue though, I confirmed that as
well. I'll try and figure out how to do a snoop on the wire so I can see
what's going on. I'm going to have to do it at the switch layer because
I can't snoop from the server side, and obviously the pxelinux kernel is
all that is running on the client side. It could just turn out to be
that the NetApp's TFTP sucks.

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> David Halik wrote:
>
>> Now the question is, which machine is at fault here? It looks like the
>> TFTP server is returning a proper failure, but I can't tell whether or
>> not pxelinux is actually aware of it or listening to it. Any ideas?
>>

> The safest way to find out is to grab a Wireshark trace.
>
> Also, which version of pxelinux are you running?
>
> 	-hpa

David Halik
System Administrator
OIT-CSS Rutgers University