[syslinux] pxelinux tftp timeout

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Fri May 23 10:00:29 PDT 2008

David Halik wrote:
> I'm using 3.31 at the moment, but only because it doesn't have the GUID
> check in it, so one less file I have to wait for. The latest version on
> your website still gave me the same issue though, I confirmed that as
> well. I'll try and figure out how to do a snoop on the wire so I can see
> what's going on. I'm going to have to do it at the switch layer because
> I can't snoop from the server side, and obviously the pxelinux kernel is
> all that is running on the client side. It could just turn out to be
> that the NetApp's TFTP sucks.

Yes.

Do note again that if you can make the DHCP server generate option 209,
you can use that to override the default config file search sequence:

http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php/PXELINUX#Can_I_send_information_to_PXELINUX_via_special_options_in_the_DHCP_response.3F
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc5071.txt

I would still be interested in the Wireshark trace.