[syslinux] Syslinux 3.70pre9 - sanboot.c32 says: gPXE API not detected'

Nico de Haer nico.dehaer at gmail.com
Fri May 23 14:27:15 PDT 2008

Hi,

I have a working PXE environment that chainloads gPXE and loads pxelinux.0
afterwards. As I'm also interested in doing san boot (in my case aoe) I
tried loading the new gpxelinux.0 file instead of my gPXE --> pxelinux.0
setup (works) and booting from my aoe target by adding this to the default
config file:

LABEL  doaoe
    MENU LABEL Continue AoE
    kernel sanboot.c32
    append aoe:e0.0

The result is that sanboot.c32 is complaining that the gPXE API is not
detected. Please note that I can boot my machine from the aoe target using
the gPXE command-line

I have also tried adding the keeppxe keyword at the end of the append line
but this has the same result.

Any ideas why this is not working?

Tia,

Nico