[syslinux] need advice: runing gpxelinux.0 without tftp

Christophe Varoqui christophe.varoqui at free.fr
Tue May 27 13:11:14 PDT 2008

Hi,

I happily use gpxelinux.0 in subnets where nic-embedded pxe stack can
load it from a tftp server pointed by the dhcp daemon.

Now I'd like to know the best way to run gpxelinux.0 in a special
subnets, where no tftp trafic is allowed, http is served through a
reverse proxy, and dhcp is ok.

I tried "gpxe on local media (rom/iso/floppy/usb) -> gpxelinux.0" with
limited success : gpxelinux is fetched-loaded-ran, but it ends up
dhcp-requesting 0.0.0.0 ... and gets all frustrated by the dhcpd
response :)

Should I persist on this path, or is there a better one ? For example,
is it possible to chain-load gpxelinux.0 from sys/iso/extlinux, or even
use the gpxe stack directly from there ?

Thanks for this new powerful tool,
cvaroqui