[syslinux] Using syslinux on the PMBR of a GPT partition table

Stewart Adam maillist at diffingo.com
Thu Nov 6 11:43:26 PST 2008

Hm, I must have made a typo and put /dev/sdb1 instead of /dev/sdb because I
did trials again today and it didn't work.

I copied the example from Wikipedia which gives the 16-byte binary version
of the GUID for the EFI system partition [1] and added it to gptmbr.bin with
a hex editor, and the final size was 440. I've double-checked the
partition's GUID and it's the same under OS X and parted.

Is there anything else I can to to help you test or pinpoint the bug?

Thanks,
Stewart

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GUID_Partition_Table#endnote_guidord