[syslinux] pxelinux

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Sat Nov 8 04:28:28 PST 2008

Op 20081108 om 19:35 schreef Fedorov:
> Hello!  I already for a long time use Tftpd32. On new motherboard such
> as   Gigabyte   GA-P35-S3   having   built  in  network  card  Realtek
> RTL8111B/8111C  I  have  a  problem  loading.  At  loading  the loader
> pxelinux  there  is  a menu and after a choice of item there is a full
> lag. Thus on a server appears such log:
>                      Connection received from 172.15.207.71 on port 57102
> [08/10 14:53:07.181] Read  request  for  file  <MEMTEST.>  Mode octet
> [08/10 14:53:07.191] OACK:  <tsize=111864,>
> [08/10 14:53:07.191] Using local port 2751
> [08/10 14:53:07.191]
> Has  tried  every possible options Tftpd32. Has tried various versions
> Tftpd32 and pxelinux. Loading does not work. And if to put in PCI slot
> other  network  card  for example Intel100 from it all normally works.
> How solve problem?

The great trick to solve problems, is to get a good description of the problem.

Right now is the only thing that I understand from the problem,
that there is workaround with using another Network Interface Card.

But I don't know why that works.

I _could_ assume that the other NIC does have a bootROM,
but that is for me not the right way to go.

Please provide more information.

Cheers
Geert Stappers