[syslinux] Selecting keyboard mappings in syslinux

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Nov 10 09:56:41 PST 2008

On Sat, 9 Aug 2008, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> Dag Wieers wrote:
>
>> Would it be possible to create com32 that can reload the keyboard map ?
>> It would be more practical for Live CDs as well.
>
> It's not possible at the moment, but wouldn't be all that hard to add.

Coming back to this feature.

For the successor of RIPLinux (at least the non-X version) I am looking
for a way to select the keyboard from syslinux (menu or advanced menu) so
that it becomes active in syslinux as well as adds/changes a command line
option (keyb=XX) to every entry.

I guess that last part would be harder, unless we have macros or a
scripted configfile generator. Any ideas are welcome ?