[syslinux] Syslinux 3.70 - BSS DOS boot says: "Could not find kernel Image: linux".

Radio Tron paleywiener at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 12 01:46:09 PST 2008

Hey guys, thank you! It's working awesomely! It was the LABEL misconfiguration that was causing syslinux to break. I tried what you suggested to create the image properly, and now can boot into DOS via PXE :) This is really cool!

----
label Win
   kernel memdisk
   append initrd=testImage keeppxe

I'm having trouble with UNDI, now that I can load the OS, so I enabled "keeppxe" but UNDI still does not work. Can this be fixed within SYSLINUX? I think there is some problem with the Symantec/3COM UNDI driver.. maybe it requires the PCDOS instead of
MSDOS.. any suggestions?

Intel has a PXE development kit, but it requires NT4 (I have win2K, XP and 2003 server).
Also, the download from their site no longer works and I had to get the kit from some strange .ru site. Is there an open-src alternative for UNDI, or an explanation for how to get UNDI to work? Does UNDI do the same thing as NDIS - an API for an OS to access LAN hardware?