[syslinux] editing kernel options before boot

degbert degbert degbert42 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 03:05:36 PST 2008

Hello,

With grub I can use "e" to edit the kernel options before booting.

Can I do this with pxelinux.0?

I have a lot of kickstart files, and now I have inherited a lot of
hardware which requires a serial console and text install.

Instead of doubling the number of kickstart files, it would be nice if
I could append "text serial=XXX" to the kernel options for a
particular label - but at boot time.

i.e. rather than this:
boot: 1<enter>
I would like some way to see what I would be booting, and edit it.

I searched the archive for boot options but could not find anything.