[syslinux] gPxe functionality in pxelinux

Bryan Seitz seitz at bsd-unix.net
Tue Nov 25 12:27:34 PST 2008

   I have an interesting situation where I am loading gpxelinux.0 v3.72 from pxelinux.0 ( older ).  I have a stanza
that I use after loading gpxelinux such as :

---

label pxelinux.new
  kernel pxelinux.new.0

label recovery.http
  kernel http://kickstart/pxelinux.new/vmlinuz-ramdisk
  append initrd=http://kickstart/pxelinux.new/ramdisk.img.gz ramdisk_size=358400 ramdisk_blocksize=1024 root=/dev/ram0 mem=16G action=recovery

---

This does not work however if I put the FQDN of the kickstart server ( There are a few per location ), it works fine.  Is there any way to get
it to honor the 'domain-name' setting from DHCP and do a dns search like the libc resolver does for resolv.conf ?

Or implement HTTP redirection support in the http module?

TIA,

--

Bryan G. Seitz