[syslinux] Pxelinux freezed

Peter Capriccio peter.capriccio at hp.com
Thu Oct 2 19:30:09 PDT 2008

> Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 11:09:10 -0300
> From: "Samuel Rios Carvalho" <nhawkbr at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [syslinux] Pxelinux freezed
> To: "For discussion of SYSLINUX and tftp-hpa" <syslinux at zytor.com>
>
> Seasick? sorry. I'm a future Steven Spielberg. LOL.
> This problem is happing in all machines.
>

> Samuel Rios Carvalho
>

> On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 7:49 PM, H. Peter Anvin <hpa at zytor.com> wrote:
>
>> Samuel Rios Carvalho wrote:
>>
>>> Some time ago, I sent a email to list. With my perfect english, wasn't
>>> possible explain my problem, then I recorded a video, end upload to
>>> youtube.
>>> Please watch the video.
>>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1KJ8sA4_5w
>>>

>> OK, I have no idea what is actually happening in that video.  I watched
>> it a few times, and all it did was make me seasick.
>>
>>        -hpa

What it looks like to me (as an avid film enthusiast) is that after
[what I am assuming is] the PXELINUX menu loads, and just as the
countdown for the "Automatic boot" reaches 0, the operator starts
scrolling up and down the menu [using the arrow keys?] and then it
eventually freezes. I can't make out what the first menu entry name is,
but the second and third entries appear to be "WINDOWS XP" and
"MEMTEST". Also, it looks like there is some reverse video at the bottom
left-hand side of the screen, and the camera appears to pan towards it
to emphasize something(?). While this film is very edgy and the acting
is quite believable, the plot is a mystery...

Any chance of posting the configuration file and SYSLINUX/PXELINUX
version information?

Pete Capriccio