[syslinux] default menu option using vesamenu.c32

Greg White pcguy11 at live.com
Tue Oct 7 19:08:14 PDT 2008

Hi,

Maybe I am just not looking in the right spot but I can't figure out how to set a default menu in my isolinux.cfg.  This is what it looks like:

PROMPT 0
TIMEOUT 40
DEFAULT /boot/vesamenu.c32

LABEL cubez
MENU LABEL Graphics mode (Compiz) - Experimental
KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
APPEND vga=0x317 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=9999 root=/dev/ram0 rw chexpand=256 load=cubez autoexec=xconf;cubez;startx

LABEL text
MENU LABEL Text mode using pci=conf1
KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
APPEND initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=9999 root=/dev/ram0 rw pci=conf1

I have tried this:
LABEL text
MENU LABEL Text mode using pci=conf1
menu default
KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
APPEND initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=9999 root=/dev/ram0 rw chexpand=256 pci=conf1

and this:
PROMPT 0
TIMEOUT 40
menu default text
DEFAULT /boot/vesamenu.c32

and neither work for me.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,