[syslinux] Looking for testers and advise about ISOLINUX within ISO 9660

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Wed Oct 8 07:42:27 PDT 2008

On Wed, 8 Oct 2008, Helmut Hullen wrote:

> Hallo, Thomas,
>
> Du (scdbackup) meintest am 07.10.08:
>
>> I found out that RIP processes its ISO image by a script named
>> mkusb.sh to bring itself onto a FAT formatted USB stick.
>
>>   http://www.tux.org/pub/people/kent-robotti/looplinux/rip/mkusb.txt
>
> That leads to ftp://ftp.leg.uct.za/pub/linux/rip - an awfully slow FTP
> server ...

Yes, and sadly the first hit when you search with Google. It is very
frustrating and I should have reported Kent earlier. I've put him in copy
now.

Fortunately you can access RIP from:

 	http://www.tux.org/pub/people/kent-robotti/looplinux/rip/

which is fast. Most users however end up on the ftp.leg.uct.za site that
never finished downloading anything bigger than a few kilobytes.