[syslinux] Strange Lockup [Scanned][Spam score:8%]

B Royles broyles at kes.sheffield.sch.uk
Mon Oct 13 07:48:44 PDT 2008

Op 20081013 om 13:44 schreef B Royles:
> Hi All,
>
> We seem to have a strange problem with our NEC ML4 pcs.

Does that imply "All other computers work fine" ?
(Right now I assume that none NEC ML4 pcs work fine
 and that a BIOS bug is encountered )

Yep all our other machines work

Just another thing I have found. If the machines are on a network with itself and the dhcp/tftp server the machine works ok.
When patched into our main network via same switch (just added a cable to our main lan) it shows this bug. (same dhcp/tftp server)

> When using pxelinux to network boot, we are getting our menu (using
> menu.c32) when we choose a option the machine just locks up.
> If the option requires a password it shows the password box , I put
> in the password and then it locks up. But strangely the machine will
> boot from local disk which is an option on the boot menu.
>
> Our config files are at the bottom of this mail.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

As workaround for faulty BIOSes I recomment
 http://etherboot.org/wiki/pxechaining

Ok will take a look

> Or if you need any more info please let me know
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brett Royles Senior ICT Technician King Edward VII School

Cheers
Geert Stappers
--
Kapitaal groeit het best op de banken van de school.

Unsubscribe or set options at: