[syslinux] Strange Lockup [Scanned][Spam score:8%]

B Royles broyles at kes.sheffield.sch.uk
Tue Oct 14 00:39:36 PDT 2008

B Royles wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We seem to have a strange problem with our NEC ML4 pcs.
>
> When using pxelinux to network boot, we are getting our menu (using menu.c32) when we choose a option the machine just locks up.
> If the option requires a password it shows the password box , I put in the password and then it locks up. But strangely the machine will boot from local disk which is an option on the boot menu.
>
> Our config files are at the bottom of this mail.
>
> Any help is appreciated. Or if you need any more info please let me know

What happens if you boot from the CLI (escape out of the menu system and
type a label name)?

Wow.. that worked fine ;) both accepting the password for the main menu (to use escape) and to load the sub menu... even though the submenu did not ask for a password but I am guessing that is normal as I had put in the master p/w

Also, make sure you're running the latest Syslinux version (3.72 or
3.73-pre1); you didn't specify so I don't know for sure.

Using 3.72 , will grab 7.73-pre2 shortly and test using that

Unsubscribe or set options at: