[syslinux] Spam: Re: syslinux compile fails: undefined symbol `obj_kpxeprefix'

Chris Ziomkowski cziom at jsg.co.th
Thu Oct 16 10:42:30 PDT 2008

Hi Peter,

Unfortunately the same problem with 3.73-pre4.

A few hours of research and playing around is starting to convince me
that the problem is Syslinux simply won't build on a 64 bit machine. Is
that true? Is it limited to compiling only on 32 bit compatible
architectures?

If so, do you know if it is possible, and if so, how much effort would
be required to upgrade it to working with 64 bit libraries?

Thanks for your help,

Chris