[syslinux] Failure to boot isohybrid image from USB stick

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Fri Oct 24 13:14:58 PDT 2008

Hi,

Sergey Vlasov wrote:
> The BIOS setup should have an option to disable the Promise
> controller; its BIOS extension should go with it.

I cannot spot the controller itself in the
Asus BIOS (and the Promise BIOS is cryptic
to me).
In the Asus BIOS i can see "PCI slots"
where i could set IRQ values (all "Auto"
currently) to "NA".

Would that disable the controller ?
How would i translate hwinfo PCI slot "0xb"
into a BIOS PCI slot "1" to "6" ?

> Which step takes 10 minutes?  If it's loading rootfs.cgz

It's mainly /boot/rootfs.cgz . /boot/kernel is
similarly slow but not so many dots to print.
The theory of generally slow i/o fits nicely.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas