[syslinux] Booting floppy images with syslinux

Jernej Simončič jernej.listsonly at ena.si
Wed Oct 29 03:54:30 PDT 2008

I have a few floppy images that on some computers don't work properly
when booted with memdisk (I get the "Non-system or disk error"
message), but work fine when I load them with isolinux directly. Now
I'm trying to move these images to an USB pendrive, and have a
problem, since syslinux can't boot these images directly. Is there
anything I could try to get these to boot?

One of such images that's giving me the problem is the Hitachi's Drive
Fitness Test: <http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/support/download.htm#DFT>

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

It never heals correctly.